Frequently Asked Questions
The following is a list of FAQs:
- How long is a typical session?
- How do I sign up for events?
- Who do I contact to order team gear?
- What age group is my Athlete in if they just had a birthday?
- Should I register with USA Water Polo?
- How do I register with USA Water Polo?
- How often do I need to register with USA Water Polo/American Water Polo?
- Do you offer sibling discounts?
- How do I sign up for Learn to Play Water Polo?
- If my son or daughter has never played water polo before, what group should they join?
- Does SET have a swim team?
- Can my Athlete do two days of water polo and two days of swimming?
- Who do I contact if I have an administrative question?
- Who do I contact if I want to donate to SET Water Polo?
- Who do I contact if I can't make it to training?
- Do we need to make it to every training offered per week?
- What do I do if I still have questions?
- Does SET offer Scholarships?
There are four training sessions each athletic year, each running between 10 to 12 weeks. The typical sessions are as follows:
Fall Session: September to November
Winter Session: December to February
Spring Session: March to May
Summer Session: June to Mid-August
You must first have a member profile. Then select the desired event(s) on our Event Page. Be careful to choose the correct age group and team for your Athlete. Events require pre-registration.
If a roster does not fill up and we cannot enter a team, the event fee will be transferred to a future event for your Athlete.
Age Groups: 12U, 14U, 16U, and 18U. They will train with an athlete's age group on August 1. For example, if a 14-year-old athlete turns 15 in May, they will be training as a 16U. If they turn 15 on August 12, they will be training as a 14U.
Should I register with USA Water Polo?
Yes, all members of SET Water Polo must be registered with USA Water Polo.
Go to www.usawaterpolo.com and follow the online registration instructions. Then, register your Athlete Club 18, Saddleback El Toro (SET).
Memberships need to be renewed yearly, January 1.
Yes, 2nd Athlete: -$40, 3rd Athlete: -$60, 4th Athlete: -$80.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Contact email@example.com for placement recommendations.
Yes, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
General Club: Ally Beck, email@example.com
Bradley Schumacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email your coach at least 24 hours in advance. Click here for SET Coaching Contact.
All levels are different, but we understand that each player has a variety of activities that may conflict with training times as student-athletes. Depending on your child's goals and the level at which they wish to play, they should try to make as much training as possible. Please communicate with your coach when you cannot do exercise.
Please contact Ally Beck, email@example.com, or Bradley Schumacher, firstname.lastname@example.org.
SET Water Polo is an athlete-centered organization that firmly believes youth should never be denied the opportunity to participate in organized athletics solely because of an inability to pay the full tuition fee. Therefore, SET offers a limited amount of financial aid per training session for current members who experience financial difficulties and demonstrate need, subject to the availability of funds. All inquiries concerning financial assistance should be addressed to the Club Director, Bradley Schumacher.